Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spinach and Orzo Salad

Last night for dinner I was in the mood for something light and easy. I also wanted something I could make without going to the grocery store. This salad was PERFECT! I had all of the ingredients aaaaand it was light, easy, and delicious!!! It's a great salad for those Hot Southern (or Northern) Summer nights! Try it!

*Sorry I do not have a picture of this salad. My camera battery is dead and I can't find my charger....Sad!

Spinach and Orzo Salad

1 1/2 cups of uncooked orzo pasta
1 (10oz) package of baby spinach leaves, finely chopped ( I love spinach and this just wasn't enough for me so I added more)
1/2 pound crumbled feta cheese
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
3/4 c of pine nuts, - next time I make this I may try toasted pine nuts
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp ground white pepper
A pinch of garlic powder
1/2 cup olive oil- (I actually did a TAD bit more than half cup)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar- (I actually did a TAD less than a half cup. I was worried 1/2 cup would overpower the other flavors!)
I really wanted to add chopped artichokes, but I didn't have any. So, next time I make it I will!

Directions
Cook orzo as directed. Then drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl and add the spinach, feta, onion, pine nuts, basil, white pepper, and garlic powder. Toss with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Refrigerate and serve cold.

See?! Now isn't that easy....give it a try! Let me know what you think and if you made any changes.

Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!