Monday, June 6, 2011

Cupcakes and Cocktails!

Hello! Hello! It's been awhile since I posted. I have been super busy and just havent had the time.....sad! Even though it has been almost two weeks since my Mother's birthday I wanted to do a post on the little birthday happy hour we threw for her. 

So I decided I wanted to throw my mom a party when I found out my Aunt Patti and my Grandmother would be coming from Mississippi to join us for Memorial weekend. My mom's birthday was on the Thursday before so I thought it would be so fun to have a big birthday bash Saturday night with friends and family. After talking to a few of my mom's friends I quickly realized that a birthday party on Memorial weekend was NOT going to happen! I mean what was I thinking?!?!? It's such a busy time with cookouts, golf tournaments, lake trips, etc. It also didnt help that I decided to throw this party on the Monday before which gave me only a week to send out an invitation! Even though my dreams of throwing a big party were crushed, I still wanted to do something nice for my sweet Mom. So I came up with the idea of having a surprise Cupcakes and Cocktails happy hour at 5:00 on the Friday after her birthday. It was such a great idea if I do say so myself! It was a nice way to kick off a weekend of activities and I mean who doesn't love a Happy Hour!?!

I had originally planned on purchasing cupcakes from one of our fabulous cupcake bakeries in Little Rock. Then I stumbled across recipes for peach bellini and strawberry daiquiri cupcakes and decided I just had to make those instead. Since I only had a few days to prepare and it was a happy hour I really wanted to keep things simple. For food I decided on just serving cupcakes with few salty snacks to balance things. For my cocktails I did a "Tickled Pink" champagne cocktail and wine.  Then just decorated with a few flower arrangements.  I think it all turned out pretty cute! Plus, we were able to surprise my Mother which is nearly impossible to do, and everyone had a great time! Success!!!


Tickled Pink Cocktails

Some of the "bar food" I served in giant martini glasses


Extreme close up of one of the arrangements

Chilling the wine

I COULD NOT get this picture to rotate correctly, but I wanted a picture of one of the arrangements. So imagine it right side up or cock your head to the right. :)
 

Surprise!

Birthday hugs!

The birthday girl showing some of her guests some love!



Me and Sweet Shawna- Thank you sooooo much for all of your help!!!


Because every Birthday Girl needs to make a wish and blow out candles, I crammed some candles into a cupcake....Delightfully Tacky!!

Make a wish!

Cheers!
  It was such a fun time! Thank you to everyone who came and showed my Mother some Birthday Love! Also, a special thanks to my Aunt Patti who kept my Mother busy all day and to Shawna Young for all her help! I could not have pulled this off without you two!

* I realize there are not any pictures of cupcakes in my Cupcake and Cocktail post. The reason for that is I could not get them to load. It was drving me CrAzY!!!!!! So I gave up trying for today, but will try to get some up soon!

2 comments:

  1. SUCH A FUN PARTY :) Love your post on the party. Had so much fun baking and running around Little Rock with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I was a part of this fun afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!