Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Few Fourth of July Recipes

As promised here are a few of the recipes from our Fourth of July cookout. Enjoy!

Ramen Noodle Slaw

I got this recipe from one of my Mother's friends at my recipe shower. I have made it several times since Dusty and I have been married. It is a simple and delicious dish and everyone that eats it loves it!!

Ingredients:
2 pkgs Ramen Noodles (crushed) I always use the chicken flavor, but you can use beef or pork.
1 pkg Broccoli Slaw Mix
1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
1 Cup Toasted Slivered Almonds
1 Bunch Chopped Green Onions
Combine slaw and chopped green onions and refrigerate for several hours.

Dressing:
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/3 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
Seasoning from noodles
Mix Together and Refrigerate For Several Hours.
Combine salad and dressing. Mix crushes noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds. Add as topping just before serving.

                                                      Caprese Skewers                                                
Caprese is a Summer staple at our house! We LOVE fresh tomatoes and fresh Basil, and who doesn't love Mozzarella?!?! Usually we slice up whole tomatoes and layer with Basil and Mozzarella, but since we were at a casual cookout I decided to put them on skewers so it would be easy to eat.

Ingredients:
Cherry Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Mozzarella
Salt
Pepper
Balsamic Vinegar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Using a wooden skewer spear a tomato, piece of basil, and a slice of mozzarella. I did two layers of this combination per skewer but if you want to do more or less knock yourself out. Once you have all of the skewers made that you little heart desires place them on a serving dish and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper (I prefer fresh cracked salt/pepper, but anything works). Then right before serving drizzle skewers with olive oil and balsamic vinegar (I usually put more olive oil than balsamic because the balsamic can be over powering). Now pass out to guests or save them all for yourself and enjoy!

Party Sandwiches
I love these little sandwiches!! They are soooooo good and easy to make. Give them a whirl, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Ingredients:      
              1 12 count package Kings Hawaiian Roll
12 slices of Swiss Cheese
12- 16oz thinly sliced Ham
1/2 Cup of Butter Melted
1 tsp Ground Mustard
1 tsp Poppy Seeds (optional)
2 tsp Onion Flakes (or 1 tsp Onion Powder)
2 Tbsp Worcheshire Sauce

Place the bottoms of 12 rolls in a 9x13 pan. Cut the cheese slices into four parts and place one piece on bottom roll, followed by two slices of ham and another piece of cheese. Put the dinner roll tops back on. In a bowl mix the butter, mustard, onion, and worcheshire sauce together and spoon over the tops of the sandwiches. Refrigerate sandwiches overnight. Add poppy seed to tops of rolls right before baking. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes and serve.

* If you are feeling wild and crazy then you can make these with turkey. You can also use cheddar cheese, pepperjack cheese, or whatever cheese your little heart desires. I have had them many different ways and enjoyed them every time!
             
        
                   Let me know if you try any of these yummies! I LOVE getting feedback!! Ta Ta for now!!!

1 comment:

  1. O.M.G. Next time you make the skewers and I don't get an invite, our friendship is OVER :) THey look absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!