Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July!

Dusty and I had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend! Since he has a big test coming up we decided to stay in town so that he could study. But we just couldn't miss out on all of the Fourth of July fun, so we decided to have some of our close friends over to my parents house for a cookout. My parents have a pool so it's a great place to hangout in the Summer! We added a touch of red, white, and blue to their backyard and the scene for our patriotic cookout was set!


We chugged sweat tea from mason jars with these festive flag umbrellas! I just love umbrella drinks so I was super excited when I found these patriotic umbrellas!


















Sweet Tea!! A staple at any outdoor activity! Sorry about the blur, my camera fogged up!






















This was the center piece to our food table. I just loooove fresh flowers! Aren't they pretty?!?

















Another centerpiece

















And another center piece..

















And another....






















These were on the railings of the back porch. We are proud to be Americans!!!

















Now let's check out some of the yummy food that we munched on...

Caprese skewers! The basil was fresh out of the garden and soooooo tasty!!!

















Per request Heather made her seven layer dip. It was delicious as always!

















Mexican pinwheels! Easy and delicious!

















Heather also made these delightful little sandwiches! These are not your ordinary sandwiches. There is a sauce you pour over the top and then you bake them in the oven. They are sooooooo good! I will get the recipe from Heather to share with ya'll!

















Ramen noodle slaw. I must admit that I HATE cole slaw, but I loooooove this stuff! I could eat the whole bowl! It has such a great flavor! It's definitely a favorite side dish in our house!

















The main course...good ole fashioned hot dogs! I wanted a picture of them tanning on the grill, but I missed my chance so here they are in all their glory on a platter.


















Somehow I didn't get a picture of the whole table or all of the food (darn!!). Not pictured: Baked Potato Salad, Hot Pimiento Cheese Dip, Ranch Dip, Cucumber Dip, Homemade Salsa, and Fabulous Homemade Peach Ice Cream! YUM-O!!!


We had a blast swimming, eating, and hanging with friends! I just love get togethers with the people we love!

The Bankheads! They are expecting a sweet baby boy named Hyatt in November. We cannot wait to meet him!!!

















The Dugans! Dusty and I LOVE hanging out with these two! We always have a great time!


















The Johnsons! (that's us) This is not the most flattering picture, but it's our only family picture of the day!

















Well Hey There Peepaw! This is our friend Clint, he will be marrying Melinda (our other friend) in September. We are so excited for them, they are such a sweet couple! They are a little older than the rest of us we call them Meemaw and Peepaw. They are NOT OLD! Just older than us, so it's all in good fun!

















The Girls!!! Ohhh how I love you all! :)

















Here we are again! Taking a break from the pool to eat some of the yummy food!

















The hubs and Chance relaxing in the shade.

















Glynn and Meemaw


















After a fabulous day by the pool we loaded up and went to the lake to watch the firework show. We had alot of fun! The weather was perfect and we had a great spot!

Snuggled up on our blanket waiting for the firework show to start.

















I tried to get a good picture of  the fireworks, but I had my camera in the wrong setting so this was the result!


















Well I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July! We sure did! We felt very blessed to be able to celebrate our freedom with some of our loved ones! We are very very thankful for all of the men and women who risk their lives everyday to keep us safe! God bless you all and this wonderful Country!

P.S. I will post some recipes from our cookout as soon as I get a chance so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Love it all. Can not have a summer get together without that cucumber dip.
    Wish I had been there. I can't wait to see the recipes. Bailey made a slaw by the same name and it was delicious as well. We will have to compare.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!