Friday, May 4, 2012

And then God Laughed.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

In the past two years of my life I have learned so many things. One of the biggest things I have learned is that God really is in charge and he really does have a plan for each and everyone of us. I have been taught this my whole life, but it wasn't until the past two years that I learned just how true this is. I bet the good Lord gets a big kick out of us trying to plan our lives and thinking that WE are the ones in control. I'm sure most of you have heard the saying, " If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans." Well as I sit here feeling and watching (yes, watching) my sweet baby boy move around in my tummy I can't help but to think about all of the times I made God laugh....

" I am going to move far away after college. I will move back when I'm thirty and old because I will probably want to have kids by then, and I want to raise them in Arkansas near my family."

God Laughed

"I will NEVER be pregnant in the Summer. I'm just way to hot natured for that."

God Belly Laughed

"I am not going to live with my parents after I graduate college."

God Laughed

"Dusty and I are not going to have kids for awhile. We want to wait until he finishes Med school."

God Laughed

"You like a guy named Dusty? That's such a weird name.... I would NEVER date a guy named Dusty!!!"  
God Belly Laughed and fell out of his chair!

 * Yes, this really did come out of my mouth. I said it to my friend Adrianne when she told me she had a crush on some guy in another town named Dusty. Oh, and for those who don't know, my husband's name is Dusty. :)

Well those are just a few times in my life that I'm sure I made the good Lord grin. Needless to say he had some tricks up his sleeve! I'm so thankful he did! Even though I have had some tough times and I may not always understand his plans. I now realize that he has a purpose for everything and that his plan for me is way better than what I try to plan myself! If God had not been in control of my life then I may not be where I am today. Feeling blessed, thankful, incredibly happy, and anxiously awaiting the birth of our little Summer Baby! :)   God is so good!!!

And because blogposts without pictures are so incredibly boring. Here is a little snapshot of our GROWING baby boy (and GROWING Momma too) all nestled in for a ride in the car.

Lot's of Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!