Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday Weekend Rewind

Well I planned on posting this on Monday, but it just slipped my mind! So here is a late recap of our weekend....

Wedding Season has officially kicked off for Dusty and I. We went to our first wedding of the year this past Saturday and had a wonderful time! It was the wedding of Scott Lar and Holly Greenway. Scott and Dusty were fraternity brothers, but I had never met him or his new wife. They were such a cute couple and Holly was a beautiful bride!! They had their ceremony at Pulaski Heights Methodist Church in Little Rock. This is the same church Dusty and I will be using for our wedding so I was excited to see how everything turned out! It was beautiful of course! I'm now even more anxious than before for our wedding day to be here!! :)
The reception immediately followed the wedding and was held at Next Level Events( the train station)  downtown. The reception was a lot of fun! We were able to hang out with some good college friends that we don't get to see as often as we would like, and also enjoyed good food and music! After the reception we had a little night cap at Ferneau with some friends and then went to bed.

Sunday was an exciting day for Dusty and I. We went to our first marriage counseling session...whooo hooo! We met Dr. Jeff Hampton at 11:45 for the first of three sessions. The first thing we did was tell Rev. Hampton a little bit about ourselves and the story of how we met. Then he had us face each other, hold hands, and say. "Dusty/Allison I love you because........ This was so hard to do without getting emotional!!! I had chills(and tears) listening to Dusty tell me all of the reasons he loved me and vise versa! It was a really sweet moment for the two of us! Then Rev. Hampton gave us our marriage workbooks and had us answer ten pages worth of personal questions without sharing the answers. When we were finished we were supposed to switch books, read the answers, and highlight anything that we didnt already know about each other. Apparently we like to talk because neither one of us highlighted a thing! :). Rev. Hampton was pleasantly surprised and said that we must communicate well! YAY!!! We did a few other exercises and then we each did a closing prayer. We really liked Reverend Hampton! He was very sweet and had a great sense of humor! We know that he will do a wonderful job with our ceremony and we are looking forward to meeting with him again!

Well that just about sums up the highlights of our weekend! Other than that we laid low and did some yard work...how old married couple of us! :)

* We have pictures from this weekend that I wanted to post, but I can't find my camera cord so check back later!


Stay Tuned for:
Brady Barnes and Bryan McDuffie's Stock the Bar Party
Brady's Bachelorette Weekend
Wedding Updates Galore!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember those pre-marital counseling sessions very well! Dr. Hampton is awesome, we loved him too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!