Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Marvelous Muffaletta Dip!

Hey Ya'll! Today I am linking up to Boomama's DipTacular. I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never...Right?!?! So I'm sharing a recipe for Muffaletta dip with y'all.

You know the saying, "Don't Knock It Until You Try It"? Well I should have thought about that saying when my Mother told me she was making this dip for a get together. Instead, I completely stuck my nose in the air and decided that I would not be trying this at all!! I'm not a huge fan of the Muffaletta as a sandwich, so the thought of it as a dip was unappealing to me! Well after everyone else at the party raved about it I decided to give it a whirl! Then I ate a huge slice of Humble Pie and admitted that it was in fact Delicious!! So here is the recipe. I suggest you make it for your tailgate party( I just might!). I promise it will be a hit! Woooo Pig Sooooie!
                                                 

Muffaletta Dip

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Italian olive salad, drained
  • 1 cup diced salami (about 4 oz.)
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncini salad peppers
  • 1 (2 1/4-oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
  • 4 ounces provolone cheese, diced
  • 1 celery rib, finely chopped
  • 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
  • Serve with: French bread crostini

Preparation

  • Stir together first 9 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours before serving. Stir in parsley just before serving. Serve with French bread crostini. Store leftovers in refrigerator up to 5 days.

xoxo,
Allison

3 comments:

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!