Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekly Scripture

Well I have been absent from blogging for a little while. I have had soooo much to say, but at the same time I have had nothing to say( Are you confused yet?). Today is Monday, which means it's time for me to pick out a scripture for the week.  I do this every single Monday whether or not I choose to post it on this blog. I always pray before I choose a verse. I pray for the Lord's guidance and that he will show me a verse that will speak to me. Now that I have started blogging and posting my weekly picks I pray that whatever verse is chosen will also help "my faithful followers" or anyone who may stumble across this blog. I also pray daily that the verse will strengthen my walk with God. Sometimes I think my verses are sooo incredibly random, but I always trust that the Lord is picking these verses for a reason.  After doing alot of thinking and praying, my eyes were opened! It was like Woah! I realized why these last few verses were chosen ( at least in my case).

*This may not make any sense to you, but I have never claimed to make sense.... so there!

Now back to my rambling...

It's aaaaaamazing how God answers prayers!!! I have been praying about so many things lately and asking God so many questions. It amazes me how the answers were right there in and a few of the latest weekly scriptures....

A wise man's heart guides his mouth and his lips promote instruction. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:23-24

I have read this scripture so many times over the past few weeks. It reminds me that nothing good comes out of acting ugly or saying harsh things no matter what! I want my words to be pleasant, sweet to the soul, and healing. I do not want the things I say to be harmful, hurtful, or hateful!! If I can't say anything nice then it's best that I not say anything at all! Like I said earlier, lately I have had so much to say, but at the same time I have had nothing to say. I have tried to think about the affect of the words that come out of my mouth before I speak. This is sooo hard for me to do when I am angry!! In moments of anger and frustration I have wanted use my words as a weapon. I know that's not what God wants me to do!
A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control
Proverbs 29:11
I pray that I can be the wiser and stay in control. I pray that I will think before I speak and remember that if I can't say something nice then I shouldnt say anything at all! Because no matter what the circumstances are I gain absolutely nothing from acting ugly!

A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

The Lord has blessed me with some amazing friends! I am so thankful for the wonderful people he has brought into my life. Lately, it has become clear to me who God chose to be in my life and who I chose to be in my life. Unfortunately I have had to learn the hard way that some of  your friends are not your true friends. Thankfully, I have also learned that some of your friends are! :) Lately when I feel sad and disappointed about the actions of some I think back to this verse and it makes me feel thankful! I feel thankful that the people who do not belong in my life will be removed, but that the good people will remain. I want to focus on the good relationships in life and leave behind the bad ones! I'm so very thankful for the wonderful friends the Lord has blessed me with...I absolutely cherish them all!!

Lastly, A couple of weeks ago I posted an email that was sent to me. One of the last lines of the message really stuck with me.... God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. This reminds me that in life there will be good times, bad times, happy times , and sad times! Things will not always be perfect, but the struggles will make me stronger. As long as I have faith in the Lord and his plan for me I can overcome anything! Which brings me to my verse for this week...

Consider it pure joy my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1:2-4

This verse has given me peace during trying times. I pray that it may do the same for you! I also pray that I will always trust in the Lord and his plans even when I do not understand them.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Like I said earlier this may not make any sense to you, but to me and my life it makes perfect sense. This was in my head and on my heart so I just had to say it write it.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Kiddo, you did a great job here! You amaze me daily by your strong sence of Faith! I thank the Lord for you, and your friendship it means the world to me. This helps me grow when I read it as much as it helps you grow as you write it. Keep it up and keep the verses coming they inspire me to be a better person and focus more on what is God's will for me.
    Thank you Lord for Allison and for the blessings this Blog will bring to many! BTW this totally makes sense!
    Hugs n Love -Meemaw
    P.S. Meemaw commented on a blog whoohoo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!