Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekly Scripture

I planned on posting this yesterday but ended up having a crazy busy Monday. I guess it's better late than never?!?!

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding,  he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

Ephesians 1:7-10

We celebrated Easter this past weekend so my mind has been on Jesus and his ultimate sacrifice.
Through Jesus, and his painful death on the cross, we sinners receive forgiveness. It is more than we deserve, and more than we alone could have ever earned. But Jesus loved us all so much that he died so that we could live and receive forgiveness for our sins.  THINK ABOUT THAT.....Because he loves us all with a love we absolutely can not fathom, our perfect Savior was beaten, mocked, spit on, stripped naked and nailed to a cross. He did this for you! He did this for me! He did this because he loves us so much that he was willing to endure all of that pain and take on EVERY sin in the whole world so we could live with God eternally.
How amazing is that Love!?!

I am thankful for Jesus who paid the ultimate price to save a sinner like me. I'm thankful for a God who loves me even though I am not and will never be perfect. I am thankful that through them I may have eternal life!

 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!
Love,
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!