Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekly Scripture

A wise mans's heart guides his mouth, and his lips promote instruction. Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
    Proverbs 16:23-24

A few weeks ago I talked about the love of God and how we show our love for him by the way we love his children. This scripture goes right along with that. When you love someone you should speak to them and of them using kind, encouraging words. You should say things that make them feel good and feel loved! Sadly, at times in my life I have been guilty of doing the opposite. I have said negative things about another person because they hurt me, or my friends/family, or because they were doing something I didnt like. Since I am human with human emotions it is not always easy to say the right thing or to keep hurtful words out of my mouth, but I'm going to try my hardest! I think Thumper (the rabbit from Bambi) said it best when he said, "if you can't say something nice, then don't saying anything at all!"  Good idea!

I pray that I can take this scripture to heart! That the words I choose to use will be encouraging and uplifting to those around me. I pray that people will see my love for the Lord through my actions as well as my words!

Have a Happy Monday!
Love,
Allison

1 comment:

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!