Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Scripture

Every Monday I pick out a new scripture to focus on during my week. I write it down on a card and put it on my mirror so I can look at it while I'm getting ready. I like to think about the meaning of the scripture and how it applies to my week or to my everyday life. This week I have chosen John 13:35.

Your love to one another will prove to the world you are my disciples.

 I feel like alot of times our love for another is conditional. Sometimes we love other people, or we say we love other people, based on feelings and emotions that can change from one moment to the next. God's love for us is not like that, it is UNCONDITIONAL! How great is that!?!? God is Love! He doesn't just love us because we're lovable or because we make Him feel good; He loves us because He is love. He created us to have a loving relationship with Him, and He sacrificed His own Son to restore that relationship. I want to love God's children as He has asked me to do. I want people to be able to see how great His love is by how I love and treat the people around me. This is something I pray about daily. I know that I am not perfect, but God loves me regardless and I am so thankful for that!

2 comments:

  1. This is exactly what mine and Cody's devotional was about a couple weeks ago and it is a tough one - we never realize that we are suppose to love everyone - the woman cussing you in the grocery line, the person you just cut off cause you were in a hurry, the homeless person standing on the side of the road... all these people we just pass by, most of the time without even noticing them and if we do we decide to pass judgement instead of love them like the Lord asks us too - I will share our dare for that week - begin praying "Lord, teach me what real love is and making me a loving person." This really touched me and it goes along perfectly with what you were saying we should be loving to everyone and show unconditional love to everyone not just to the people who matter the most to us.

    **If I have all faith, so that I can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2

    I unconditionally Love you friend :)

    Hope you have a great week, and I hope you are enjoying that I am a real blog follower and I even comment - I hope your thousands of followers enjoy my two sense - haha!!!

    Lunch date or dinner date or slumber party soon - idk which one or if we do all three but we have got to do something soon!!!

    Love ASH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with both posts (yours and Ashley's)!!! Miss you both! Church date and lunch soon:)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!