Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cook This!

Swimsuit season is almost here so it's time to get my tummy, thighs, and butt in gear!
The Johnson's are trying to get in shape and eat healthy! I will be honest with ya'll! The Hubs and I do not have the best eating habits in the world. I mean we could seriously live off of cheese dip(or at least I could). Well since its almost my most dreaded time of the year, we are trying to eat better. This means I have to take a break from cooking Paula Deen's recipes and find some lighter options! Soooo I have been on the search for good healthy recipes..... Found one! The other night we made chicken tacos. These suckers were easy to make, yummy, and low calorie! We hit the trifecta! It would be rude of me not to share this easy recipe! So here it is...enjoy!

Light Chicken Tacos

You'll Need:
8 corn tortillas
3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
(about three-fourths of a store bought chicken)
1 1/2 cups bottled salsa verde
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 medium onion, minced
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 limes, quartered
That is all! :)

How to Make It:
-Heat the tortillas in a large skillet or saute pan until lightly toasted. Combine the chicken with the salsa in a large mixing bowl, then divide evenly among the tortillas. Top with feta, onion, and cilantro. Squeeze a little lime juice over each serving. You can eat these open faced or folded like a taco whatever you prefer!

Easy! Easy! Easy! 

Makes 4 servings   345 calories pers serving (2 tacos)  

* I chose not to put onions or cilantro on my serving and still thought they were great!


Sorry I do not have a picture to post. I completely forgot to take one! I will do better next time!!
Love,
 Allison

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great - I might have to try this one... I have been trying to be more healthy but im not doing very well and neither is cody! Keep the recipes coming! We need to get in shape too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! I made these tonight for dinner. I added sour cream so I doubt my version was as light as the original. Trey ate until he was stuffed. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Feel free to leave me a little message on any post that you read. I LOVE hearing from my readers!